Al Conti is a GRAMMY® nominated, award winning composer, arranger, producer and multi-instrumentalist whose music is heard around the world on radio, Internet radio, television, airlines, Spas and more. His latest album, The Blue Rose, quickly rose to the top #1 spot on the Zone Music Reporter (ZMR) Top 100 chart for two consecutive months. The album also reached #3 on the ZMR Top 100 Airplay Chart for 2013. His album Northern Seas garnered a GRAMMY® nomination, made Amazon's Top 10 list for Best New Age Albums of 2010 and reached #2 in the ZMR Top 100 chart for October 2010. His album Scheherazade topped the ZMR Top 100 Chart at number 1 for three consecutive months, in October, November and December, 2008. The album also garnered four ZMR Lifestyle Music Awards nominations, including Album of the Year, and won Best World Album of 2008. Scheherazade also headed many radios 'Top 10' and 'Best of' lists,' as well as charting #5 on the ZMR's Top 100 Airplay Chart for 2008. His album Poeta was used as part of NPR's fundraising efforts in 2007 and his recording 'Quest for Orpheus,' from the same album, received a “Best of 2007” Award from Mystic Soundscapes Radio.
In 2008, Al Conti joined Kevin Bacon, Jessica Alba, Will & Grace's Shelley Morrison and other celebrities lending his name to the Until There's A Cure foundation to help raise funds for HIV/AIDS awareness and research. Al is also a member of Artists For Human Rights, an organization founded by actress Anne Archer.
Conti has traveled widely and has lived in South America, Europe and the United States. As an actor, he has appeared on television shows including the CBS daytime drama As The World Turns, in films, in numerous radio and television commercials, and on-stage in theatre productions. Born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Conti comes from a family of artists with notoriety in many fields.
Al’s childhood was full of artistic expression. His grandfather was a concert pianist, his mother was a professional ballerina, and his father is an architect, published poet and university professor. Al’s family tree also includes the famous Argentinean writer and politician Miguel Cané, who held numerous political offices, notably as Argentine minister of external affairs and of the Interior and Mayor of the City of Buenos Aires. On his mother’s side, Al is also a relative of the Necchi family that founded the famous sewing machine company.
In 2015, Al married his longtime partner and manager, Kevin Patrick Manion. They live in Atlanta with Digby and Quincy, their two adopted dogs.
• GRAMMY® Award Nomination | Album: Northern Seas | Year: 2011
• Celtic Radio Music Award Nomination | Song: Dans för Loki (Loki's Jig) | Album: Northern Seas | Year: 2010
• Amazon Top 10 Best New Age Albums | Album: Northern Seas | Year: 2010
• ZMR Lifestyle Music Award WINNER: Best World Album | Album: Scheherazade | Year: 2009
• ZMR Lifestyle Music Award Nomination: Album of the Year | Album: Scheherazade | Year: 2009
• ZMR Lifestyle Music Award Nomination: Best Contemporary Instrumental Album | Album: Scheherazade | Year: 2009
• ZMR Lifestyle Music Award Nomination: Best Album Cover | Album: Scheherazade | Year: 2009
• Radio Mystic Award: Best of 2007 | Song: Quest for Orpheus | Album: Poeta | Year: 2007
ZMR CHART POSITIONS
• Position: #1 | Album: The Blue Rose | Month/Year: June 2013
• Position: #1 | Album: The Blue Rose | Month/Year: May 2013
• Position: #2 | Album: Northern Seas | Month/Year: October 2010
• Position: #1 | Album: Scheherazade | Month/Year: October 2008
• Position: #1 | Album: Scheherazade | Month/Year: November 2008
• Position: #1 | Album: Scheherazade | Month/Year: December 2008